Applications are open for the Knowledge Management Fund 2019. The Knowledge Management Fund is the Knowledge Platform’s instrument to financially support activities arising from its network. The small-scale grants awarded by the Fund offer a low barrier to entry for innovative, agile and experimental proposals. The aim of proposals is to diversify thinking and evidence in the Security & Rule of Law (SRoL) field, particularly in Fragile and Conflict-Affected Settings (FCAS).
The 2019 KMF thematic headlines are Change and Learning Processes and Examining and Improving Policy. Each year, the Secretariat sets these headlines following consultation with the KPSRL, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), and the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research – Science for Global Development (NWO-WOTRO). The thematic headlines help applicants to the KMF focus on outcomes, and they reflect the fund’s specific added value: addressing emerging priority areas and feeding research outcomes and original ideas into programming and policies. They are purposefully broad to leave as much scope as possible for applicants to generate knowledge in their specialist thematic and geographic areas.
The KMF is divided into three strands. The three strands are Events, Research and Innovation. This helps applicants maintain focus on the method by which they try to achieve their aim of producing original insights to improve the quality and use of knowledge in programming and policy. Please check the official link for more details.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis between the opening date March 15, 2019 and the final deadline for applications November 15, 2019. Applications submitted before the “Deadline for Applications” shown at the official link will be accepted or rejected by the corresponding “Decision Announcement” date.
Grants of up to €15,000 for events, research ideas and other initiatives that contribute to improving the quality of knowledge generated by the SRoL field, and its subsequent uptake.
- Applications are open to any consortium or individual with the ambition to improve policies, programs or knowledge in the field of security and rule of law in fragile and conflict affected countries. Think-tanks, (I)NGOs, academics, universities, private sector organizations, government institutions, journalists, independent researchers or innovators, data specialists, learning experts, and PhD candidates are all welcome to submit proposals.
- Include a prospective budget not to exceed €15,000, with 20% co-funding committed, that complies with all guidelines and requirements as detailed in the budget template.
- Begin within 6 weeks of funds being awarded, with a running time not exceeding 6 months.
- Explain how the project aligns with one of the Platform’s Thematic Headlines.
- Describe the specific knowledge and/or capacity gap to be addressed, and argue its urgency.
- Describe how the project will be both unique and applicable to the SRoL field.
- Demonstrate a clear benefit to the larger Platform community through identifying a minimum of two accessible deliverables.
- Clearly define the change sought and strategy to effect that change.
- Display the ambition to build upon proposed project in the future.
- Have an original idea or approach.
*Please check the official link for more additional assessment criteria for the three strands Event, Research and Innovation.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2019 (95 Days Remaining)